Sunday, 22 June 2025

Resource: The Psalms as the Mystical Prayer of the Church

Fr Thomas Joseph White, O.P., is a Dominican friar, priest, and theologian hailing from the USA. I recently came across a recording of a talk of his on the Psalms, which also touches on more general questions of prayer. 

I found it very interesting and inspiring in places. Fr White brings not only his typical scholarly erudition, but his experience of spiritual direction, to the topic of how we should pray. It also complements Aquinas' own introduction to the Psalms without simply repeating or explaining what he says (as I have done!)

The talk can be found on various platforms linked here. I recommend Fr White's work more generally, especially his introduction to Catholic belief titled The Light of Christ, and his theological commentary on the book of Exodus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

#RPGaDay26 Day 6: Reach

Reach "Longarm" Bill is a shield grog relied upon for his size and skill with a pike, but is not especially well-liked. This is no...